Thursday 9 November 2017

Her Last Words

I knew my end was near. I could sense it from the way you dragged me into this sad, sad building. I could hear screams coming from beyond the walls of my room. I could not understand the language, but I could feel the screams. I don't know how anyone could not. I knew that it would be my turn soon. I could sense it.

But, you know, there was one thing that I could not sense. What was my fault? Where did I go wrong? Did you not get the best out of me? I tried my best to bear all the pain you put me though as you used me and my body. Every day, you would come in at the same time, do the same thing and touch me in the same place. You even took away my children because they affected your business, you said. I bore that too. I did nothing. I said nothing. What could I have done? To whom could I have told? You were all I had...

...Wait, why are you tying me up? No, no...

I am not ready, yet! Where are you? I need you now! I am confused. Why is there a cloth covering my eyes? Am I supposed to sleep?...

...

...


I wish I could tell you what just happened. In the dark, out of nowhere, I had my life knocked out of me. It was a pain so sharp that I could see jet white sparks of light shooting in front of my eyes. The pain was so sharp that my legs buckled and I fell on the ground. As I fell, the cloth covering my eyes also dropped and there I saw you, standing, holding a hammer in your hand. You would not do that to me, would you? I wish I you could see the pain. See the pain, not feel it. I do not think you will be able to bear the pain. You howl at the smallest of wounds.

I was still looking at you, as I got back up on my feet. You were all I had. I knew, somewhere deep within, that you would come for me. You would care for me. After all, I have been there for you. But then, as my vision slowly began to come back to me, I saw you raise your arms. The hammer was coming for me. That is when I knew, it was the end. Did you not feel anything? It didn't look like you did, as you hammered my face. As I fell one last time.


These are the last words of almost 60 Billion other animals such as the one you just read (and hopefully saw). Nobody will tell you this because everybody gains something from the silence. Everybody but her. Please consider your choices. 

Visit http://thevegancalculator.com/animal-slaughter/

No comments:

Post a Comment